Bariatric Surgery – Options, Outcomes, Risks, and Post-Op Needs – Lecture
Bariatric surgery is the most effective treatment option for the patient with significant obesity. The GP plays an integral role in the shared care long term management of the bariatric patient. This lecture will describe the most commonly used bariatric-metabolic surgical procedures, their mechanism of action, patient selection, weight loss and health outcomes including diabetes, managing acute and long term complications, and involvement of the integrated health team including the GP to optimise long term outcome.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point