Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers – What’s New in Radiotherapy – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Dr O’Connor explains that radiotherapy can be a safe and effective alternative to surgery, and is particularly useful for the elderly or where surgery might have a negative impact on function or cosmesis. It may be used as definitive treatment for low-risk cancers, as an adjuvant treatment for high-risk disease or alone for inoperable cases. This lecture will explain the types of RT, pros and cons in comparison to surgery, which kinds of cancer are suitable and provide some guidelines for GPs on when to refer patients for consideration of radiotherapy.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point