Obesity Management in Young Adults – Lecture CPD 1 Point
In this Healthed lecture, A/Prof Samantha Hocking explains that young adults – especially those who are already overweight – experience the highest rate of weight gain of any age group, further increasing cardiometabolic risk. Interventions need to be adapted and designed specifically for this age group and strategies should include technology, flexible scheduling, an emphasis on ‘fitness’ rather than ‘weight loss’ and engagement with peers or groups rather than individuals. Pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgery are also options to consider as part of an integrated approach.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point