Pharmacogenomics and Depression – Interview
Why do some patients with depression not respond adequately to their first trial of antidepressants, or stop taking their medication within the first three months? Combining pharmacology and genetics, pharmacogenomics offers both an explanation and a potential solution for these common problems. In an interview with RACGP President Dr Harry Nespolon, Royal Adelaide Hospital Clinical Pharmacology Registrar Dr Tom Polasek discusses the use of these new tests to improve patient outcomes in mental health.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point