The Clinical Takeaway: Assessment and Management of Concussion
In this episode:
– Did you know only 10% of people with concussion have loss of consciousness and so the other 90% may not regard their head injury as a concussion?
– What a GP should do on the first presentation of a person with possible concussion, red flags, what to monitor for, when to urgently refer
– Clearance for return to work and/or sports
Host: Dr David Lim, GP
Guest: Dr Rowena Mobbs, Neurologist; Clinical Lecturer, The University of Sydney; Adjunct Fellow Macquarie University
Total time: 38 mins
– Acquired Brain Injury Report The Prevalence of Acquired Brain Injury Among Victims and Perpetrators of Family Violence – Brain Injury Australia’s report into Australia’s first research into Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) and Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) funded by the Victorian Government’s Department of Health and Human Services, and launched May 1st, 2018 by 2015’s Australian of the Year and Chair of the Victorian Government’s family violence Victim Survivors’ Advisory Council – Rosie Batty AO – in front of 250 people at Melbourne’s Town Hall
This podcast is created in association with Brain Injury Australia
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.