The Clinical Takeaway: Sleep Deprivation in Teenagers – Assessment and Management of this Common & Important Issue
The Clinical Takeaway: Sleep deprivation in teenagers – Assessment and Management of this common & important issue
In this episode:
– Sleep deprivation affects about 70% of teenagers
– Impacts adversely on academic performance, mood issues especially depression and anxiety.
– Two red flag questions will help GPs identify when a child has sleep deprivation.
– Practical advice on how to manage, when to refer, online management resources
Guest: Dr Chris Seton, Paediatric and Adolescent Sleep Physician; Staff Specialist, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
Total time: 36 mins
Recommended Resource: The SleepShack Program
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point